October 30, 2008
October 29, 2008
I have to say, I LOVE the cribs we bought! (We heart Bonavita baby furniture!!!) Anthony's has transitioned nicely from crib, to toddler bed, to a full sized bed. It looks super cute! When I get his bedding in I will post a pic!
Last night we headed to Target to get some shelving because I decided to make the spare room a playroom. We were up until 1:30ish bringing up toys, putting together shelves, and organizing, but it was well worth it! It feels good to be mostly toy free down stairs.We still need some wall decorations, curtains, etc, (its a work in progress) but, for now I think I am in LOVE!!! The kids were so excited when they woke up! Somehow they thought the got all NEW toys :) The kids had a blast playing up there this morning....
P.S. Jason spilled paint ALL over the carpet upstairs last night.... Thankfully it mostly came up. I about died when I saw the mess!!!
P.P.S. We caught ANOTHER mouse! Will they ever go away?!?!?
October 27, 2008
Our plan was to finish our basement when they got to this stage of play, but we currently don't want to put any more money into this house because of the way the market is (plus it will be A LOT of cash!).
I have a guest room upstairs that rarely gets used. Seriously the door is always shut and no one is ever in there. We rarely have guests; so, I am thinking of taking all of the furniture out of there and making the guest room our playroom. I need opinions...
Currently, our pantry hides some of their toys, and I will keep that as a "toy closet" so they have a few things down here to play with. However, majority would go up. (Kitchen, table, shelves, little people, cars, etc.) All big items would be in the playroom.
Do you think I should lose the guest room and gain a playroom? I really need opinions on this! So I beg you, HELP!!!!
October 26, 2008
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds, but I don't wear jewelry
3. Last film you saw at the cinema? The Women
4. What is your favorite TV show? Greys, Gossip Girl, Brothers & Sisters... Way too many!
5. What do you have for breakfast? Nada
6. What is your middle name? Dawn
7. What food do you dislike? nothing in particular
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? I never listen to CD's unless its a j=kid's one! :)
9. What kind of car do you drive? Ford Expedition
10. Favorite sandwich? Italian Hoagie from Jersey... yummy!
11. What characteristic do you despise? mean people
12. Favorite item of clothing? yoga pants :)
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Anywhere in the Caribbean where they bring me frozen drinks!
14.Favorite brand of clothing? American Eagle or Abercrombie (yes I know I am too old for them, but I still LOVE them )
15. Where would you retire to? The beach
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? My 27th. I was preggo with Anthony and didn't know it which was why I could not drink like usual :)
17. Favorite sport to watch? none!
18. Farthermost place you are sending this? Who knows...its on my blog ditto Lisha!
19. Person you expect to send it back first? No clue!
20. When is your birthday? January 1st!
21. Are you a morning person or a night person? I used to be a night owl, but I am slowly becoming a morning person.... My children will do that to you! :)
22.What is your shoe size? 8
23.Pets?Murray the golden retriever
24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us?Madison is speaking tons!
25. What did you want to be when you were little? a mommy or a teacher
26. How are you today? sleepy
27. What is your favorite sweets? chocolate covered strawberries
28. What is your favorite flower? Wild flowers
29.What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? November 5th
30. What is your full name? I'll never tell....
31. What are you listening to right now? silence
32. What was the last thing you ate? bagel bites
33. Do you wish on stars? yes
34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? pink
35. How is the weather right now? Sunny and cool
36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? Sara
37. Favorite soft drink? Diet Mt. Dew
38. Favorite restaurant? Morton's (but we NEVER go there)
39. Real hair color? Brownish blond
40. What was your favorite toy as a child? books
41.Summer or winter? Summer
42. Hugs or kisses? hugs
43. Chocolate or Vanilla? vanilla
44. Coffee or tea? coffee ice cream :)
45. Do you want your friends to email you back? They either can email it or blog it!
46. When was the last time you cried? Today watching Lipstick Jungle...
47. What is under your bed? I don't wanna know!
48. What did you do last night? Went to a tastefully simple party
49. What are you afraid of ? Something happening to my children
50. Salty or sweet?salty
51. How many keys on your key ring? 2
52. How many years at your current job? 3
53. Favorite day of the week? Thursday
54. How many towns have you lived in? 6
55. Do you make friends easily? depends
56. How many people will you send this to? To everyone who reads my blog
57.How many will respond? no idea!
I don't know what happened next. The only thing I know is that my two children are running around my bedroom laughing, screaming, and having a grand old time. All the while I am asking, pleading, and screaming for them to get in bed to no avail. Somehow, my children were up from about 1 a.m. until about 4 a.m. grrr.... Then, they were up for good by 8 this morning!
Can we all say EARLY NAP!!??!!??
October 25, 2008
Now, Madison is always hiding. I am ALWAYS looking for her. She's a good hider. She stays quiet until you find her. Thankfully she only has three hiding spots... for now! :)
October 24, 2008
While all this was happening, Jason was placing our things on the conveyor belt thingie. That's when he heard the woman in front of us say to the cashier, "It looks like they don't believe in spankings. That child obviously needs one". Jason said NOTHING (mistake number 2) until we got in the car.
I was pissed, when he told me. At the woman for not minding her business and at Jason for not piping up.
Seriously, I have swatted Anthony's behind when his actions have called for it. What he did in line was no big deal and by no means did his behavior call for a spanking!!! He shed a few tears and QUICKLY got over it. I would have told that lady that this is nothing... you should see a real fit! I experience them every day!!! Give me a break! People need to mind their business!!! I can't wait for Target to open!!!
Isn't funny how in the fall when the temperature is 50 we think its cold, but in February if the thermostat hits 50 we are all outside running around and enjoying the "warm" day! At least that's what we do! :) Am I the only weirdo?
...Oh, yeah, I so had to get out of bed! grrrrr
October 23, 2008
If nothing else gets done today, read this and you just may be touched or inspired! Click I dare you :)
*"We are not front-page news. But we are our own front-page news. The fact that you take even a minute out of a month to say something—say anything—about your life and the lives of those you share your life with? To me, that says they matter. You matter. We matter." ~www.breedemandweep.com
October 22, 2008
The woman also gave me a few tips which I plan on using ASAP:
1. digital timer: This will be used to help Anthony adjust to transitional times throughout the day (i.e. coming in from outside, going upstairs for bed, etc). The use of a timer should give him control of the situation and help resolve some of the knock down fits we have.
2. photo cards: I will take pictures of about 8 objects that Madison uses daily (i.e. applesauce, bananas, goldfish crackers, juice cup), laminate them, and put a magnet on them. They will stick to the fridge and she can show us what she wants. Thus, eliminating the guessing game and her fits.
The woman also believes that the breath holding tantrums (yes she passes out) will subside once she acquires enough language to voice her needs, feelings, concerns, etc.
Overall, the meeting was very informative and I feel the things I can learn from her can aid our whole family, not just Madison and her speech delay.
October 21, 2008
Oh yeah,, it was a crappy mail day too!
October 19, 2008
October 18, 2008
October 17, 2008
I am a nerd, we all know this (if not you will soon find out), anyway... Jason is bringing home my new blackberry curve! Its pink and BEAUTIFUL :) (just kidding, it is pink though) I am excited to have a planner on hand, and for all the other cool features....
*** Jason just informed me that I don't have a texting plan... so sad :(
How is it that my daughter is sitting in her chair drinking her milk one minute and the next she is screaming in pain because her arm is stuck in between the chair's slats....
How is it that my children were quietly watching Backyardigans on my bed while I showered for 2.5 minutes yet they somehow managed to empty my entire jewelry box in (let me stress this point) 2.5 minutes?
How is it that all of this happened in the first hour and a half that I was a wake?
How is it that even though this is how my morning started off, it has still turned out to be a good day?
October 16, 2008
Clothes are ready...
Now, as long as I get my butt out of bed, I will have time to walk in the morning before an outing with a moms group I belong to... I should be able to go from bed to outside relatively quick since everything is already ready...
My intentions are good, I hope my follow through is as well...
My fingers are crossed!
Today is the day I start my new exercise regimen. I need to do it, I WANT to do it, I just have to stay motivated. Our elliptical machine has been brought up from the basement, the cob webs have been cleaned off, and surprisingly, I have used it a few times. I just need to make sure that each day I do some kind of exercise be it walking, elliptical, or crunches... Something, ANYTHING! I figure I might be back to my old self in a few months IF I can keep it up!
If any of you fellow neighbors want to join me... let me know! I would love to have some company because walking and chatting is much more fun! :)
October 15, 2008
My uncle and his friend came to into town for a few days and we had a great time. While Jason was sleeping I put the kids down for naps and we went and had some great lunches, did some shopping, and had a few afternoon cocktails. It was FAB! (and MUCH needed!!!)
Today, Jason was off so we hit a local pumpkin patch with the kids for some quality familiy time and it was a lot of fun... Madison couldn't get enough of the animals in the petting zoo and Anthony was digging all the moonbounces... All in all it was a great day. The kids didn't nap (aside frm the 30 minute car ride) and I am greatly anticipating an EARLY bdtime! WOOHOO!
|Make a Smilebox scrapbook|
October 11, 2008
Everyday, I tape up my sign:
October 10, 2008
October 9, 2008
October 8, 2008
Jason HATES them. He has been trying to get rid of them since we moved in.... They freak him out (its quite funny actually) anyhow, I digress....
I found a mouse in my Maclaren double stroller (as most of you know I coveted this stroller for MONTHS) the other day, so I finally got on board project mouse eviction...
I was adamant I wanted something fast and HUMANE!! So we set out for a solution.
First, we tried traps that capture them in this round box FAIL!
Next, we bought sticky traps. They are supposed to have a natural anesthesia in them..... Well, we caught 2 mice (Yippee)
They were completely stuck to the trap. One's feet were stuck. The other's whole body was stuck. He was lying on his side.... The natural anesthesia does NOT work. The mice were squeaking and trying so hard to get free. The harder they tried the more stuck they got. It made me cry. Jason refused to touch them, so I had to pick the traps up, and put them in a WalMart bag... So the poor mice suffered a horrible death... they were stuck and suffocated! I feel SOOO guilty!
Why oh why did they have to mess with my Maclaren? I would have happily continued our cohabitation....
October 6, 2008
Thankfully, our kids won't be able to do this! We will have peace of mind when they drive! WOOHOO!! How cool is that? Speed control, volume control, seat belt alarms... I can see how this would ease my always worrisome mind some (*note I did not say completely)
Yes, I think technology has screwed our kids on this one :) Thoughts?!?!
3 cups canned pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
4 cups white sugar
4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9x5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; stir into the pumpkin mixture until well blended. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The top of the loaf should spring back when lightly pressed.
October 4, 2008
October 3, 2008
Today, I roll up my sleeves to change a poo and as I remove her diaper I see... GRASS! Not just a single blade like a whole freakin' clump. Ewe! So now my little princess eats dog food and grass....
Tomorrow is the day! I am getting the new 'do! The stringy pony tail is no more. My roots will finally be covered. I will :gasp: be blond again! I will no longer make people run and hide and scream as I walk past with this hideousness sprouting from my head...
I vow to:
~Never wait 7 months between haircuts and highlights again
~Make time for myself
~Try to reclaim the trendy put together self that was me before the name "mommy"
1. I don't have a job
2. My children are not in school
It amazes me how my days fill up with gymnastics, play dates, music classes, group meetings, and doctor appointments.
I am supposed to start volunteering with a local charity for pregnant teens but at this rate I won't have the time... Next month I vow to not be so over booked!